Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate what we have with friends, family, and great food. This season, we’re also celebrating those shining stars who selflessly give so that less privileged members of our community don’t have to go without. The Gunter Family are the shining stars of the Bay Area! Since 2011 The Gunter Family’s Thanksgiving Feed has blessed over 60 families totaling over 280 people with Thanksgiving meals. This year the Vernon Davis foundation for the Arts is proud to announce our partnership with the Gunter Family to help feed over 30 families this year! The VDFA has committed to match all donations received for this amazing cause in addition to a primary donation from the VDFA.
What we’re doing:
We are committed to feeding 30 families (at minimum). Each family will be provided with the option of:
- Basket consisting of a turkey, and various items to make a complete Thanksgiving meal
- Home-cooked Thanksgiving meal prepared by a professional chef and volunteers
Who we’re serving:
The families that will be receiving these meals come from low-income communities, and represent a population of single-parents homes, large families with four or more kids, and families that reside in high crime/poverty areas in San Jose, Oakland, or San Francisco.
How you can help:
We hope that you’ll take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to pay it forward and help spread the cycle of kindness in our communities!
TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN WE NEED TO RAISE $2,000. Please click the Paypal link below to donate. We will collect names and send out a special treat from Vernon Davis himself to thank you for your support!
HERE ARE ALL THE WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT:
- Donate money (secured through PayPal) Due by 11/20
- Cook a side dish for a home-cooked meal (based on a set menu) Due by 11/25
- Prepare gift baskets on Monday, 11/23
- Package home-cooked meals on Wednesday, 11/25
- Assist with dropping off gift baskets on Tuesday, 11/24 or Wednesday 11/25 (between 9-12pm)
- Assist with dropping off home-cooked dinners on Thanksgiving (between 9-12pm)
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Green Beans
- Dinner Rolls/Cornbread
- Cranberry Sauce
- Sparking Cider
*Please contact one of the below individuals to commit to one or several of the ways you can support our cause this year:
Jareem Gunter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenise Gunter: email@example.com
Patrick Powell (VDFA): Patrick@powellsmarketing.com